Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Is it dangerous to pray?

Ok, so I probably shouldn't post this until after I checkout the prayer discussion on the Sunrise Church Facebook page. Anyhow...

A couple of weeks ago, things seemed to be going REALLY well. I was receiving lots of words of affirmation from just about everyone in my life. Knowing pride is a weakness, I quickly prayed and gave thanks and glory to God for all of those positive things and also asked that He would keep me humble.

So...a couple weeks later and things seem completely overwhelming. I find myself close to tears for at least the third day in a row. I seem to be on an emotional roller coaster.

In less than 48 hours, my son will be my son legally, forever. The joy that comes in thinking about that cannot be captured in words. Yet, still, I struggle.

My purpose, my point, in posting these ponderings... I asked to be kept humble and my prayer was answered. Shall I give Him thanks for that? Shall I rejoice in my struggles? Shall I...surrender?

No comments:

Post a Comment